Who doesn’t want to accomplish more in life? Don’t most of us want more time? More money? More love? More satisfaction? Yet, isn’t our tendency to go for it rather than simply having it all come to us?
A strong personal foundation includes 10 distinct stepping stones which, when linked together, provide a solid yet personalized base on which to build one’s life. And, in a world which sometimes appears to be built on quicksand, we all need a personal foundation on which to depend.
These 10 stepping stones of a Personal Foundation are:
- A past which you have fully completed.
- A life which is based fully on integrity.
- Needs which have been identified and fully met.
- Boundaries which are ample and automatic.
- Standards which bring out your best.
- An absence of tolerations.
- Choosing to come from a positive place.
- A family which nurtures you.
- A community which develops you.
- A life fully oriented around your true values.
Anyone who is living a meaningful life must have a strong personal foundation so they can afford to look up at the stars instead of down at their feet. Having a strong personal foundation allows a person to fully use their skills and resources, because instead of constantly worrying about the fundamentals of their life, they are free to focus on the task at hand. The process of building a personal foundation also teaches a person how to eliminate and prevent many common problems that are usually thought of as an expected part of life.
A skyscraper doesn’t start at street level. In fact, the taller the building, the deeper the foundation. This holds true for people, too.